2018 Altoona Winter Classic Rules
Walleye, Bass, Northern Pike, Bluegill, Perch, and Crappie
1. The tournament is scheduled for Friday, February 2 at 4:00 p.m. until Saturday, February 3 at 4:00 p.m. 2018 on Lake Altoona! Prizes will be awarded Saturday at approximately at 5:15 p.m. in the main tent.
2. On-ice registration and check-in start at 4:00 p.m. on Friday until the end of the tournament Saturday at 4:00 p.m..
3. Anglers will be allowed to start fishing 4:00 p.m. sharp (once registration fees have been paid and you have checked in at the registration tent on the ice- all contestant must check in at the on-ice registration tent before fishing, even if you registered on-line, you need to be assigned an on-ice ticket and number). No fishing for the tournament is allowed until tournament has officially started. Violators will be disqualified.
4. We reserve the right to cancel the tournament at any time.
5. No refunds will be given for any reason.
6. You may register up to 5 fish total on your initial registration. A second registration is allowed and allows you to then register as many fish as you can up to your bag limit. Remember, this is a charity event! Only the heaviest two fish per category will qualify for a Grand Category prize (see prize board at event). The largest 3 fish caught by a child age 7 or under will win a Kids Grand Prize (see prize board at event). Fish must be registered by the registration holder (handicapped exceptions made). Additional prizes will be randomly drawn from a pot which will contain 1 ticket for all registrants plus 1 ticket for each fish registered. (Example, if you register 5 fish, you will have 5 extra tickets in the random drawing pot).
7. All fish entered must be brought to the weigh-in station immediately and fish must be alive. Please bring a bag or bucket, as the tournament is live release. Dead or frozen fish are ineligible. Judges have the right to verify that fish were legally caught. The decision of the judge is final. Contestants are responsible for verification of weight of fish at time of weigh in. Weigh Master has the right to gut fish for closer inspection.
8. Grand Category Prizes are determined by fish weight and time entered. In the event of a tie, the first fish registered wins. If no fish caught in a category the prize will be awarded by drawing from all registered fish and registration entries.
9. Contestants must show ticket at time of weigh-in at registration table.
10. There will be a release hole on the ice near the weigh in/registration table. Contestants keeping fish for consumption is allowed, if you would like to keep a registered fish, the tail will be clipped by a judge (note all daily DNR bag limits apply, know and follow all fishing laws!). Contestants keeping fish for mounting will be kept at registration station until end of tournament.
11. Only one person may fish per entry. Contestants will be responsible to drill their own holes. No holes are to be drilled within other event areas.
12. There will be a leader board located in the registration tent area. All efforts will be made to keep the board up to date and accurate. Tournament results remain unofficial until verified by the Lead Judges.
13. Contestants must not fish in the area designated for other events and will be required to have their ticket available at all times. Ticket checks along with bucket inspections may be performed.
14. To qualify, all fish must be registered prior to the end of the contest (contestants waiting in line will be included).
15. Contestants will be allowed to use fish houses and will have their ticket available upon request.
16. All coolers, containers and bait pails may be inspected upon entry. Anyone caught trying to carry a fish into the contest area will be disqualified and their entry fee will not be refunded.
17. Food and beverage concessions will be available. Remember what you bring to the ice should leave with you.
18. Contestants who do not follow contest rules will be disqualified. WISCONSIN STATE FISHING LAWS APPLY, DO NOT LEAVE LINES UNATTENDED AT ANY TIME, THIS INCLUDES TIP-UPS WHEN YOU ARE AWAY REGISTERING FISH.
19. The right to refuse/revoke a contest entry ticket or competition registration to anyone is hereby reserved.
20. All contestants and other bystanders consent to the use of any photographs or likeness of themselves to be used in the promotion of our contest, including but not limited to print, radio, or television, websites, social media sites, etc
21. Any prizes not claimed by February 28, 2017 will become the property of United Cerebral Palsy of West Central Wisconsin.
22. Contest prizes are the responsibility of the winner. Licensing, registration, transportation, taxes, and all incidental expenses are that of the prize recipient.