2017 Altoona Winter Classic Rules
Walleye, Bass, Northern Pike, Bluegill, Perch, and Crappie
1. The tournament is scheduled for Saturday, January 28 th , and January 29 th 2015 from 12:00p.m. (noon) Saturday to 12:00p.m. (noon) Sunday on Lake Altoona! Prizes will be awarded Sunday at 1:15 in the Snowbiz main tent.
2. On-ice registration and check-in start at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday until the end of the tournament Sunday.
3. Anglers will be allowed to start fishing 12:00p.m. noon sharp (once registration fees have been paid and you have checked in at the registration tent on the ice- all contestant must check in at the on-ice registration tent before fishing, even if you registered on-line, you need to be assigned an on-ice ticket and number). No fishing for the tournament is allowed until tournament has officially started. Violators will be disqualified.
4. We reserve the right to cancel the tournament at any time.
5. No refunds will be given for any reason.
6. You may register up to 5 fish total on your initial registration. A second registration is allowed and allows you to then register as many fish as you can up to your bag limit. Remember, this is a charity event! Only the heaviest two fish per category will qualify for a Grand Category prize (see prize board at event). The largest 3 fish caught by a child age 7 or under will win a Kids Grand Prize (see prize board at event). Fish must be registered by the registration holder (handicapped exceptions made). Additional prizes will be randomly drawn from a pot which will contain 1 ticket for all registrants plus 1 ticket for each fish registered. (Example, if you register 5 fish, you will have 5 extra tickets in the random drawing pot).
7. All fish entered must be brought to the weigh-in station immediately and fish must be alive. Please bring a bag or bucket, as the tournament is live release. Dead or frozen fish are ineligible. Judges have the right to verify that fish were legally caught. The decision of the judge is final. Contestants are responsible for verification of weight of fish at time of weigh in. Weigh Master has the right to gut fish for closer inspection.
8. Grand Category Prizes are determined by fish weight and time entered. In the event of a tie, the first fish registered wins. If no fish caught in a category the prize will be awarded by drawing from all registered fish and registration entries.
9. Contestants must show ticket at time of weigh-in at registration table.
10. There will be a release hole on the ice near the weigh in/registration table. Contestants keeping fish for consumption is allowed, if you would like to keep a registered fish, the tail will be clipped by a judge (note all daily DNR bag limits apply, know and follow all fishing laws!). Contestants keeping fish for mounting will be kept at registration station until end of tournament.
11. Only one person may fish per entry. Contestants will be responsible to drill their own holes. No holes are to be drilled within other event areas.
12. There will be a leader board located in the registration tent area. All efforts will be made to keep the board up to date and accurate. Tournament results remain unofficial until verified by the Lead Judges.
13. Contestants must not fish in the area designated for other events and will be required to have their ticket available at all times. Ticket checks along with bucket inspections may be performed.
14. To qualify, all fish must be registered prior to the end of the contest (contestants waiting in line will be included).
15. Contestants will be allowed to use fish houses and will have their ticket available upon request.
16. All coolers, containers and bait pails may be inspected upon entry. Anyone caught trying to carry a fish into the contest area will be disqualified and their entry fee will not be refunded.
17. Food and beverage concessions will be available. Remember what you bring to the ice should leave with you.
18. Contestants who do not follow contest rules will be disqualified. WISCONSIN STATE FISHING LAWS APPLY, DO NOT LEAVE LINES UNATTENDED AT ANY TIME, THIS INLCUDES TIP-UPS WHEN YOU ARE AWAY REGISTERING FISH.
19. The right to refuse/revoke a contest entry ticket or competition registration to anyone is hereby reserved.
20. All contestants and other bystanders consent to the use of any photographs or likeness of themselves to be used in the promotion of our contest, including but not limited to print, radio, or television, websites, social media sites, etc
21. Any prizes not claimed by February 28, 2017 will become the property of United Cerebral Palsy of West Central Wisconsin.
22. Contest prizes are the responsibility of the winner. Licensing, registration, transportation, taxes, and all incidental expenses are that of the prize recipient.
2017 Altoona Winter Classic Ice-Fishing Contest Prize List
Good luck trying to catch to $5,000.00 WALLEYE! (see rules for contest details)
|Sonar Genz Vexlar Fl8 *Scheels||Largest Walley|
|2009 Autographed Packer Football *U.C.P.||2nd place Walley|
|Striker 4 Fish Locator *Scheels||Largest Perch|
|Curt Manufacturing Folding Cargo Carrier||2nd place Perch|
|Sonar Genz Vexlar Fl8 *Scheels||Largest Crappie|
|Sullivan Motorized Tip Down by Sullivan||2nd place Crappie|
|Endura Trolling Motor *Scheels||Largest Bass|
|Leatherman donated by Scheels||2nd Place Bass|
|Striker 4 Fish Locator *Scheels||Largest BlueGill|
|$50 Scheels Gift Card||2nd Place BlueGill|
|Otto Pro Sled Combo *Scheels||Largest Northern Pike|
|$50 Scheels Gift Card||2nd Place Northern Pike|
|Altoona Lion “Sully” U.P. Vacation Package||All registrants eligible, general drawing!|
|New Family Annual YMCA Membership||All registrants eligible, general drawing!|
All eligible, see Rules, the more fish you register, the better your chances!
Mouldy’s Archery and Tackle Shooting Passes (2)
Sullivan Tip Down donated by Sullivan Tip Downs
Sullivan Tip Down T-Shirt and Hat
Chad’s Towing-$50 Gift Certificates (5)
Primerica Financial Needs Analysis & Jig Rod Combo by Jerry Gordon
$50 LuLaRoe Mel Shine Gift Certificate by Melissa Shine
LuLaRoe Mel Shine Leggings from Melissa Shine
Handy Drag Game Harness donated by Brick House
Hunting Knife donated by Brick House
Rolly’s Coach Club $25 Gift Certificates (2)
H&R Block $150 Gift Certificate
H&R Block $75 Gift Certificates (2)
Knife Sharpener donated by Golden Spike
Knife Combo Set by Golden Spike
Hunting Knife by Golden Spike
Altoona VFW donated American Flag
*Ice Fishing Nimrod
*Berkley Ice Rod
*Swivel Bucket Topper (2)
*HT Ice Rod (2)
*Genie Jar cipher live bait container
*Genie Jar Optimus live bait cocntainer
*Dangler Tip Down (2)
*Balance Tip Down (2)
*Treble Hook Gaff (2)
*Porta Fillet Kit
*Portable Rod holders (2)
*Polar Tip Ups (2)
*Fillet Knife (4)
*Scheels Fish basket
*Berkley Fishing Gear Pliers (2)
*Scheels Fillet knife (2)
*scheels Fillet knife kit (2)
*Shimano Pliers and Cutters
*Rapala Fillet Glove
*Scheels Ice and Snow Cleat (2)
*Scheels $10 Gift Cards (3)
KID CATEGORY PRIZES
*$50 Scheels Gift Card- 1st place Kids Grand Prize
*$25 Scheels Gift Card -2nd place Kids Prize
*$25 Scheels Gift Card- 3rd place Kids Prize
*Flexable Flier Saucers Sleds (2)
*Avengers pole and kit
*Disney Cars fishing pole
*Spiderman tackel box kit
*Disney Princess Fishing pole and kit
*TMNT Fishing kit and pole
*Disney Frozen Kids Poles (2)
Crank Lights donated by Brick House (3)
*$10 Scheels Gift cards (4)
“*” indicates prize was donated by Scheels Sporting Goods in Eau Claire! Thank you Scheels!
An Upper Peninsula Vacation Package for 2 Adults (see above) In memory of Altoona Lion, Steve “Sully” Sullivan 1944-2013 Given by Altoona Lion, Jim Klingbeil and his wife Robyn:
Enjoy 3 days ( Friday,Sat.& Sunday) or 4 days (Monday,Tues.Wed.& Thursday) at the Klingbeil’s Yooper Camp- now known as Rice Lake Lodge, see Homeaway.com. This 3 bedroom lodge is a completely furnished lake home on the U.P. Little Rice Lake on the Keweenaw Peninsula of Michigan (1/2 mile from Lake Superior!). Enjoy fishing,boating, canoeing,swimming,hiking,campfires, or any number of activities available in such a beautiful setting. The winners may contact Jim and Robyn at 608-516-0760 to schedule their vacation for 2017 (you must call them within 1 month). Call soon to get the dates you want. We are looking forward to seeing the winners U.P. North.
The New Family YMCA Annual Membership package (see above) is only available to non-members, so if you win this prize and you are a current YMCA member, let us know so we can give you a different prize!